Monday, 28 December 2009

Christmas purchases, the good the bad and the goddamn ugly

Ah Christmas - a time for giving, a time for sharing. A time for opening packages and trying out. There are 2 routes that my gifts can go down.
Love them - they are then used to death and are never out of my sight
Hate them - they live in a box under my bed/in wardrobe in spare room until I can fob them off to a friend/neighbour/window cleaner.

So this years winners were:-

Tiffany bracelet from the man

Orange exfoliator from clarins again from said man. Had this product before so know its a winner but on its second outing, I am thinking its not so great at getting all the grime off.

Lovely product from lush called Angels on bare skin. Not a fan of lush at all. Just as I don't see the point in using something that smells like fruit and leaves a residue in my bath but I thought lets give it a try. And y'know what - its actually pretty damn good. Yes it does feel like I am rubbing cat food on my face and yes it does slip out of your hand when mixing with water but my skin feels freakin amazing since starting to use it.

Bledning brush from Revlon - never had me one of these babies before. Never actually thought I needed one. But as it was a gift I thought heck give it a go. My makeup has been transformed from Dame Edna to more Lady Gaga. Seriously - this brush rocks. Had comments twice today on how good my make up is looking!

And now for the not so good......

Benefit creaseless eyeshadow - get figgy. Nice idea and looks like a nice colour but not much payoff in terms of it being dramatic.

Lancome oscillation mascara - gold. Nice concept and brush moving is a great idea but unless you are ziggy stardust, I am not sold on this product at all. Just made my mascara look duller. Will be great for fancy dress!

Finally - gucci black leather purse - its a continental wallet and looks lovely. I love me some gucci and have a zillion bags/purses but this is just not practical. It has a press stud opening on the section for change and when I pop it in my bag it just opens too easily and the change falls out. Advice - get one that fastens better. I have both the continental wallet with the larger fastening with bamboo detail and the flap french wallet and they work much better!

There now, that wasn't too painful was it?

Mwahhh xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment